MASTER OF ARTS
EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP
Lead Your School into the Education of the Future
WELCOME to the first Educational Management and Leadership program in BIH. If you are to carry your institution into the future, you will need twenty-first century skills that are appropriate for future generations. Because the education market is very competitive which requires exploiting the human resources in the best way, your expertise will make the difference in your teachers, students and student parents. Leading a school is more than carrying out regular paperwork and the traditional school setting is losing its value. So, if you need to keep up with developments in education, you have to see where the world is evolving into and take your precautions.
WHY THIS PROGRAM
In this program you will have;
- A scientific approach to management of your organization.
- A more comprehensive understanding of educational administration, organizational structure
- A good educational institutional planning
- Hands-on experience with school principals
- Experience in calculating pros and cons of educational decisions
- Professors with considerable experience in schooling.
- Professors with international experience will provide you with a global view of educational management, aid you in making sound decisions about your educational goals.
- HEA accredited
one-year MA program with thesis.
Students get 5 courses in the first term, and prepare a thesis in the second term. Students can prepare their theses either in Faculty of Education and Humanities of Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences.
Both face-to-face program & distance education programs
Limited Student Quota
- A four-year bachelor's degree or equivalent from a recognized higher education institution.
- Three years of teaching experience is preferred
- Candidates from education faculties or those with teaching certificate are preferred
- Adaptation Courses are given to the students graduating from other undergraduate departments. The number of adaptation courses to be registered is determined by a committee. The courses are selected from undergraduate lists
All candidates must have proficiency in use of English language, spoken and written. The proof may be an international exam like the TOEFL, IELTS, Aptis or Burch Proficiency Exam. Candidates are advised to follow Burch exam dates. The final decision concerning the acceptance into the program rests with EML Program coordination.
5000 KM per person for the complete (one-year) program.
Group Discount: You can make institutional enrolments with a group discount of 300 KM per person. (Eligibility for group discount is 4 persons minimum)
Compulsory courses include
- Effective Schooling
- School effectiveness factors and models
- International examples of effective schools
- Current research on school effectiveness, school improvement
- Management and Organization
- Human Resources Development
- Comparative Education
- Education Policy
- Ethics in Education
- Civil Society and Educational Leadership
- Education and sustainable development
- Standards and Accountability in Education
- Continuing Education - Lifelong education
- Transformational Leadership
- Knowledge Management
- Marketing Management
- Total Quality Management (TQM)
- Business Economics
- Business Ethics
Applicants must provide the following documentation:
1. Completed application form
2. Complete Curriculum Vitae indicating professional experience
3. Certified copy of bachelor's degree
4. Official academic transcripts
5. TOEFL, APTIS or BURCH English Proficiency Results (if applicable)
6. 5 passport-sized photographs
Email: [email protected]
Phone: + 387(0) 33 944 419